|History||Location & Directions||Seating & Tickets||Prohibited Items|
|Disabled Guest Services||Gates Open||Guest Services|
|Ticket Policies||Miscellaneous||Parking & Maps|
Built in 1965 under the name Kennedy Pavillion, the Martin Centre has been the home of men's and women's basketball, volleyball, and the locker rooms for all sports. In 1986, Charlotte Y. Martin donated $4.5 million to finance remodeling of the arena. The main gym could hold approximately 4,000 screaming fans. Originally, Charlotte Y. Martin wanted "something for the girls", and had a sewing room built where the P.E. classroom and office now sits.
Currently the basketball programs have moved to the new McCarthey Athletic Center, and volleyball has taken over the main court.
In addition to the main court, this building includes administration offices, PE classrooms and office, an athlete weight room, the golf practice room, locker rooms, and the Rudolf Fitness Center.
|Location & Directions|
- 710 E Lower Kennedy Dr.
- Take exit 282 (Trent/Hamilton) on I-90. Merge into the left lane and take a LEFT at the light (Trent). Take your first RIGHT (Cincinnati St.). The main parking lot will be 1 block North on your left.
- Alternate parking: Take exit 282 (Trent/Hamilton) off of I-90. Merge into the left lane and take a LEFT at the light (Trent). Take your first LEFT into the alternative parking lot. This lot is lit and has a sidewalk that will take you directly to the McCarthey Athletic Center.
|Seating & Tickets|
- The Martin Centre has the seating capacity of 2,000 for volleyball games. Fans may sit on either the north or south side bleachers during home volleyball matches, but the cheerleaders are restricted to the north sidelines.
- Ticket information is located at the Ticket Office in the southeast corner of the McCarthey Athletic Center or at 509.313.6000. Tickets may be purchased at the door on game nights. Fans may also pre-purchase volleyball tickets throught any TicketsWest outlet or the Gonzaga Ticket Office. The will call/ticket booth are located just outside the main entrance to the gym, and close after game 3.
|Parking & Maps|
- Patrons may park in the parking lot south of the Martin Centre.
- There are disabled parking spots designated in this lot.
- Fans may park anywhere in the south lots on game nights.
- Gonzaga University is not responsible for illegal parking of their patrons.
|Disabled Guests Services|
The Martin Centre has been modified to accommodate ADA requirements. Wheelchairs are encouraged to sit on the second level of the gym seating on the designated platforms. Guest services can help with any questions or concerns. There is an elevator located on the north end of the atrium on the first floor of the Martin Centre.
- Volleyball gates open one hour before game time.
- For other events, gate opening times may vary.
Guest services is located at the main gym entrance of the Martin Centre, across from the Will Call booth during events. Lost and found and general information questions are handled here during events.
There is one concession stand located in the west hallways of both the first and second levels of the main gym. Only the lower concession stand is open for volleyball games.
A loading dock is located on the south side of the Martin Centre, between the Martin Centre and McCarthey Athletic Center.
There is a courtesy telephone located in the west hallway of the first floor of the event level. Please ask any event staff member for assistance. You must dial 9-first for a local call. No long distance calls may be made without a calling card.
Floor dimensions are 108' x 93'
There is one visiting team locker room located in the north hallway of the event level. Volleyball, men's and women's soccer, cross-country, golf, men's and women's coaches, and baseball locker rooms are also located in the north and south hallways. There are two official's locker rooms in the south hallway of the event level. All locker rooms have shower and restroom facilities.
Media may sit in the corners along the wall of the event floor, or at the media table on the north side of the court. Please contact the Gonzaga Sports Information Office for more details if you are a media member attending a GU sporting event at the Martin Centre.
Men's and women's restrooms are located in the west hallway of the 1st & 2nd floors, next to the concession stands.
There are two scoreboards in the main gym, on the west and east walls. These scoreboards have the capability to list scores, period, and player stats. A video wall is located just under the east scoreboard.
For the safety and security of all guests, certain items may not be brought into the McCarthey Athletic Center. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Any food or beverage items
- Cans or bottles
- Coolers, large bags and backpacks
- Lawn furniture
- Animals (except service animals)
- Distribution of any material is prohibited
- Banners and signs on poles
- Balls and frisbees
Storage facilities are not available for checking prohibited items.
- Children under two years of age are allowed in the arena without a ticket, but must share a seat with their guardian.
- Will Call services are offered to guests at Martin Centre at the will call/ticket booth just outside the main event level doors.
- Anyone on the Gonzaga or Visiting Player Pass list may pick up their ticket at the will call booth just outside the main event level doors, across from Guest Services.