After 39 years competing in the powerful atmosphere of the Kennel in the Charlotte Y. Martin Centre, Gonzaga Basketball shot over to the newly built, $25 million, 148,000 ft2 McCarthey Athletic Center. Completed in November 2004, the McCarthey Athletic Center became the new "Kennel".
Location & Directions
Seating & Tickets
- 801 N. Cincinnati
- Take exit 282 (Trent/Hamilton) on I-90. Merge into the left lane and take a LEFT at the light (Trent). Take your first RIGHT (Cincinnati St.). The main parking lot will be 1 block North on your left.
- Alternate parking: Take exit 282 (Trent/Hamilton) off of I-90. Merge into the left lane and take a LEFT at the light (Trent). Take your first LEFT into the alternative parking lot. This lot is lit and has a sidewalk that will take you directly to the McCarthey Athletic Center.
Parking & Maps
- The McCarthey Athletic Center has a seating capacity of 6,000 for basketball games. All seats are individual and have arm and backrests. Only players, coaches, team managers and trainers, and credentialed persons are permitted on the court.
- Ticket information/Will Call is located at the Ticket Office in the southeast corner of the McCarthey Athletic Center. Tickets, if available, may be purchased with American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.
- Advance tickets, if available, may be purchased at the McCarthey Athletic Center ticket office 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. Tickets can also be purchased by phone 509.313.6000. Click here for more ticket information.
- Ticket holders may enter through the NE and SE entrances. Students, Faculty, and Staff of Gonzaga, with a ticket, may enter through the designated North entrances for Men's games, and either the NE or SE entrances for Women's games.
McCarthey Athletic Center Seating Bowl
Disabled Guests Services
- Patrons may park in either parking lot south of the McCarthey Athletic Center. One is located directly adjacent to the McCarthey Athletic Center, the alternate one is just across Trent Ave. Parking is also available along the marked side streets on the Gonzaga campus.
- Disabled parking spaces are available in the East Lot, and South lot adjacent to the McCarthey Athletic Center. A Disabled placard, license plate, or East Lot parking pass must be presented.
- Gonzaga University is not responsible for illegal parking of their patrons.
- Links to Maps
- The McCarthey Athletic Center is designed to 100% ADA compliance. It offers conveniently located disabled parking spaces in the lots adjacent to the McCarthey Athletic Center. All seating configurations include disabled seating spaces. Wheelchair access is provided at restrooms, courtesy phones, drinking fountains, concession stands and ticket counters.
- CMS and Event Management staff is available to help direct you to disabled seating areas. There are 20 designated wheelchair spaces, along with 40 companion seats around the concourse. These areas are on the concourse in sections 101, 108, 111, 112, and 118.
- Guests who are hearing impaired may obtain hearing assistance devices through guest services, located on the event level adjacent to the ticket office.
- A public elevator is located on the southeast corner of the McCarthey Athletic Center for those who wish to use it.
- Gates open one and a half hours before the tip-off at all Gonzaga men's and women's basketball games.
- For other events, gate opening times may vary.
Guest services is located in the southeast of the McCarthey Athletic Center, next to the Will Call window during events. Lost and found, hearing assistance device distribution, and general information questions are handled here during events.
There are 6 permanent concession stands and 4 satellite stands, which total 39 points of sale. Orders in permanent concession stands are processed by computer to insure the fastest level of service possible.
For the safety and security of all guests, certain items may not be brought into the McCarthey Athletic Center. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Any food or beverage items
- Cans or bottles
- Coolers, large bags and backpacks
- Lawn furniture
- Animals (except service animals)
- Distribution of any material is prohibited
- Banners and signs on poles
- Balls and frisbees
Storage facilities are not available for checking prohibited items.
- Children under two years of age are allowed in the arena without a ticket, but must share a seat with their guardian.
- Will Call services are offered to guests at McCarthey Athletic Center on the outside of the southeast entrance and are open one and a half hours prior to tip-off.
- Anyone on the Gonzaga or Visiting Player Pass list may pick up their ticket at the inside ticket window in the southeast entry, next to Guest Services.
- All persons allowed on the event floor must have a current All-Access, Media, or Score Table credential if they are not a player, coach, manager, or trainer of the competing teams.
- Vehicular access to the floor loading dock is located on the south side of the McCarthey Athletic center, between the Martin Centre and McCarthey Athletic Center. Only marked media and visiting team vehicles may park here.
Courtesy telephones are located throughout the McCarthey Athletic Center. Please ask any event staff member for assistance. You must dial 9-first for a local call. No long distance calls may be made without a calling card. The locations of the courtesy telephones are as follows:
- Adjacent to the ticket offices on the SE corner of the building
- SE, SW, and NW corners of the concourse
Info to come
There are four visiting team locker rooms, two officials' locker rooms, two coaches' locker rooms, and two home team locker rooms located on the event level of the McCarthey Athletic Center. Each are equipped with shower and restroom facilities. The home team locker rooms are professional style with a lounge, circular locker area, shower and restroom areas, and a storage room.
Photo media may sit on the floor behind the media line at each of the end zones or at the media table on the north side of the court, with proper credentials. Other media sections are in section 114 and 116 on the concourse level. Please contact the Sports Information office at 509.313.6373, 48 hours before an event for more information.
The media room, located off the southwest corner of the court, is fully operable one hour before game time. All persons entering this room must have proper credentials.
Men's and women's restrooms are located at each corner of the concourse and near the elevator on the event floor. Family restrooms are also available on the north concourse.
The two scoreboards in the McCarthey Athletic Center feature a large, video display measuring 16 feet high by 9 feet wide. Guests will be able to view video replays and live action shots in 4.3 trillion shades of color. The scoreboards will present game-in-progress information, team and player statistics, animation, graphics and sponsor messages and promotions. Also, a 100 foot video ribbon board is located above the North and South bleachers.