WCC Announces Commissioner's Honor Roll
July 2, 2004
SAN BRUNO, Calif. - With the completion of the 2003-04 academic year, the West Coast Conference is proud to announce the third annual Commissioner's Honor Roll, which recognizes those student-athletes that possess at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Gonzaga placed 110 student-athletes on the honor roll out of seven hundred and sixty-four student-athletes, who participated in one of the WCC's 13 sponsored sports and were honored from the league's eight member institutions. The 764 honorees is the most in the three-year history of the Commissioner's Honor Roll. A pair of freshmen women's cross country runners, Pepperdine's Karen Porter and Santa Clara's Shannon Bell, completed the year with perfect 4.00 grade point averages.
Only grades earned at WCC institutions may be used in calculating the grade point average for this award. To be considered for this honor, student-athletes must meet the following requirements:
1) Individuals must have earned a varsity letter in a sport which the conference determined a champion in the just-completed academic year.
2) The cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 must be based on a 4.0 scale.
3) The individuals must have successfully completed an average of at least 12 graded credit hours (i.e. non pass-fail hours) per term.
On the following pages the conference will recognize the student-athletes in three separate designations:
1) 4.00-3.75 - Gold Honors
2) 3.74-3.50 - Silver Honors
3) 3.49-3.00 - Bronze Honors
03/17/2018 - Baseball Falls Short to Pepperdine, 11-8
03/17/2018 - Gonzaga beats Ohio State 90-84 for Sweet 16 return
03/17/2018 - Men’s Tennis Beats Yale, 5-2
03/17/2018 - Zags Fall At Stanford In NCAA First Round
03/17/2018 - WROW Wins V8, 2V8 at Hornet Invitational
03/16/2018 - Zags Move Up On Final Day At Pinehurst
03/16/2018 - Bies Deals Baseball to 1-0 Win over Pepperdine
Baseball03/17/2018Baseball03/16/2018Women's Basketball02/24/2018Women's Basketball02/22/2018