Gonzaga Track Sends Several to Pullman
Feb. 4, 2016
GONZAGA BULLDOGS AT COUGAR INDOOR
MEET 5 | FEB 6 | PULLMAN, WA | INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY
FIRST GU RACES: Men- 1:10 p.m. (Mile); Women- 1:25 p.m. (Mile)
LIVE VIDEO: No live video available
LIVE RESULTS: No live results available
LAST TIME AT MEET: 2015 - Conor McCandless placed third in the men’s mile with a time of 4:19.75, just ahead of Dillon Quintana. Maggie Jones had a third place finish in the women’s 800 meters.
ABOUT THE MEET:
- The meet, in its 14th year, is inside WSU’s Indoor Practice Facility Friday and Saturday.
- The facility features a full NCAA 200-meter track, triple jump pits, pole vault lanes, shot and disc arc, and a 60-sprint track.
- Last year’s meet included Idaho, Eastern Washington, and host Washington State, Trinity Western (British Columbia), Western Oregon, and several other non D-1 schools.
- Spectators will be admitted without charge to the meet.
- It’s the second time the Zags have appeared in the meet in the programs’ five year histories.
WHERE WE RANK NATIONALLY:
- Nationally, Troy Fraley ran the 10th-fastest 3,000-meter men’s time (7:59.00) so far this season, while Scott Kopczynski is 72nd at 8:11.80.
- Shelby Mills currently ranks 70th (9:35.91) on the women’s side in the 3,000 meters.
- In the women’s 5,000 meters, Jordan Thurston’s time of 17:12.86 ranks 68th currently in the nation.
- Dillon Quintana is 51st in the country in the men’s 5,000 meters at 14:31.19. Vince Hamilton is not far behind in 76th at 14:37.11.
LAST WEEK’S GONZAGA FINISHES:
- UW Invitational (Seattle / Demspey Center)
Women’s 3,000m: Shelby Mills (9:35.31, 15th)
Women’s 5000m: Jordan Thurston (17:12.86, 27th)
Men’s 800m: Kinsly Smith (1:54.51, 7th)
Men’s Mile: Brandon Pollard (4:10.84, 4th); Mason Villarma (4:10.94, 5th); Zac Garrard (4:13.83, 11th); Ian Goldizen (4:15.18, 14th)
Men’s 3,000m: Troy Fraley (7:59.00, 5th); Scott Kopczynski (8:11.80, 18th); Matthew Crichlow (8:38.93, 51st)
Men’s 5000m: Dillon Quintana (14:31.19, 6th); Vince Hamilton (14:37.11, 11th); Forest Tarbath (14:51.85, 16th); Kellen Manley (14:52.61, 17th); Jack Pearce (14:57.38, 21st); Max Kaderabek (15:01.94, 22nd)
ZAGS SATURDAY SCHEDULE:
Time Event Participants
1:30 p.m. Women’s Mile Megan Chucka, Molly Stroosma, Katy Culver, Addi Johnson, Amanda Kiefer, Elena Slavoski
2:15 p.m. Women’s 400m Brianna Vasquez
2:55 p.m. Men’s 800m Jerry Sicalo
3:10 p.m. Women’s 800m Jenny Albrecht, Emily Anderson, Emily Coic, Claren Fraher, Molly Stroosma, Kate Wagner
4:15 p.m. Women’s 3000m Monica Ripple
4:45 p.m. Women’s 4x400m
ZAGS RANKED IN THE REGION:
- The Bulldog men are ranked 14th in the West Region poll. Oregon tops the ranking, while WCC-foe Portland is 12th.
- The GU women are 28th in the region. Portland is the highest-rated WCC program in 22nd. Oregon tops the poll.
MILLS AND FRALEY BREAK RECORDS:
- Shelby Mills and Troy Fraley continued their stellar junior seasons by breaking their program’s indoor 3,000-meter records at the UW Invitational.
- Fraley shattered his own school record by nearly five seconds. His new time of 7:59.00 beat his old time of 8:04.37 set just two weeks ago on the same track. He placed fifth, but was the second collegian across the finish line.
- Mills raced to a 9:35.31 finish, besting her personal record of 9:36.36, and snapped Lindsay Drake’s three-year-old mark of 9:36.11. Competing some of the best college and pro runners in the west, Mills placed 15th.
02/01/2018 - Gonzaga in Moscow and Pullman this Weekend
01/27/2018 - Zags Post Solid Showing in Mile at UW Invitational
01/26/2018 - Hogan Runs Sixth-Fastest Indoor 5K in Program History
01/25/2018 - Zags Return to Dempsey Center for UW Invite
01/20/2018 - Pollard and Heffelfinger Win Events at WSU Indoor Open
01/19/2018 - Track Heads to Pullman for WSU Indoor Open
01/13/2018 - Pollard Runs Second-Fastest Indoor Mile in Program History
Baseball03/16/2018Women's Basketball02/24/2018Women's Basketball02/22/2018Men's Basketball02/17/2018