Track Makes Short Trip to Moscow
March 25, 2016
GONZAGA BULLDOGS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO INVITATIONAL
MEET 8 | MARCH 26 | MOSCOW, IDAHO | DAN O’BRIEN COMPLEX
FIRST GU RACES: Women- 12:10 p.m. (3000m); Men- 12 p.m. (3000m)
LIVE VIDEO: No live video available
LIVE RESULTS: No live results available
ZAGS CONTINUE OUTDOOR SEASON:
- The Gonzaga women’s and men’s track programs continue their outdoor season with the second meet of the slate at the University of Idaho Invitational Saturday.
- This is the second straight year the Zags appear in the meet, but only the second appearance at an outdoor meet in Idaho since 2010.
ABOUT THE MEET:
- A predominant Gonzaga and Idaho field will give the Zags a chance to use the University of Idaho Invitational as a tune-up for our top end runners competing next week at Stanford and UCLA.
- GU will use the racing to get more competitive and to learn more about racing.
- Director of Gonzaga Track Pat Tyson says, “So it is not so much about getting personal bests as simply competing! We want the big time marks to be performed in the big time competitions in April and May.”
LAST YEAR AT THE MEET:
- The Gonzaga women’s and men’s track programs raced against tough competition and heavy winds at last year’s Invitational.
- In the men’s 5,000 meters, Troy Fraley led a Bulldog sweep of the top four spots. He crossed the line at 15:29.79. Max Kaderabek finished second at 15:53.79.
- Gonzaga had the same success in the 800 meters. Andy Phillips placed first with a time of 1:59.69. Kinsly Smith edged out Brandon Pollard and Graham Wendle for second at 2:00.57.
- Maggie Jones won the women’s 3,000 meters. She crossed the line at 10:13.76. Claren Fraher placed second in the 800 meters at 2:25.76. Amelia Evans had a third place finish in the 1,500 meters (4:56.29).
- Alison Fraher won her heat of the 1,500 meters. She led the race for its entirety and held off an Idaho runner during the final 500 meters for the exciting win.
- The GU men’s 4x400-meter “A” relay team beat out the “B” team for first. Pollard, Wendle, Smith, and Phillips finished with a time of 3:37.08.
06/23/2017 - Mildes Named to CoSIDA Academic All-America First Team
06/09/2017 - Fraley Becomes GU's First-Ever Track All-American
06/07/2017 - Fraley Advances to Steeplechase National Finals
06/06/2017 - Fraley Runs at Nationals on Wednesday
05/27/2017 - Perrin's Phenomenal Freshman Year Ends at Prelims
05/26/2017 - Fraley Advances to Steeplechase National Semifinals
05/25/2017 - Mildes Ends Stellar Career at Preliminaries
Women's Basketball01/13/2018Men's Basketball01/11/2018Women's Basketball01/06/2018Women's Basketball01/04/2018