MBB Hosts No. 25/23 Creighton Friday
Nov. 30, 2017
No. 15/14 Gonzaga (6-1) vs. No. 25/23 Creighton (5-1)
FRIDAY, DEC. 1 | 7 P.M. | SPOKANE | MCCARTHEY ATHLETIC CENTER
RADIO: Gonzaga IMG Radio Network
LIVE VIDEO: Watch ESPN
LIVE STATS: Gametracker
ABOUT THE SERIES
- This is the ninth all-time meeting between Gonzaga and Creighton.
- The Bluejays lead the all-time series, 6-2, but this is the first time the teams have met in Spokane.
- The Zags and Creighton have not met since Jan. 15, 1977, when Creighton won in Omaha, Neb., 100-83.
- Creighton and Gonzaga met once in Coeur d'Alene, a 71-70 Bulldog win on Jan. 30, 1960.
- The Bluejays won the first all-time meeting, 32-29, in Omaha on Dec. 10, 1947.
- Gonzaga is 13-16 all-time versus current members of the Big East. The Zags face the four-time defending Big East champion, Villanova, in their next game Tuesday in Madison Square Garden in New York City.
- Under Mark Few, the Bulldogs are 11-3 against current Big East competition. GU beat Xavier in the latest meeting with a Big East foe, in last season's Elite Eight to advance to the program's first-ever Final Four.
SCOUTING THE BLUEJAYS
- After falling for the first time this season, Creighton bounced back with a 103-66 home win over SIU Edwardsville on Nov. 25. The Bluejays scored 60 points in the second half of the victory.
- Martin Krampelj had a career-high 20 points on 9-of-10 shooting to lead five Creighton players in double-figures.
- Marcus Foster has scored in double-figures in in 24 straight games and leads the team in scoring at 18 points per game. He is shooting 49 percent from the field and has made a team-best 14 three-pointers.
- Khyri Thomas has hit a three-pointer in 20 straight games. He is chipping in 16.8 points per outing.
- Krampelj is averaging 12.5 points per game. He has made 10 of his 15 three-point attempts this season.
- Ronnie Harrell Jr. is grabbing a team-high 7.5 rebounds per game off of the bench.
- Creighton already boasts wins over then-ranked No. 20 Northwestern and No. 23 UCLA. The Blue Jays lone loss was to No.16 Baylor, 65-59.
- The Bluejays are scoring 92.5 points per game, which ranks 10th in the nation. They're 22nd in the country shooting 51.3 percent from the field.
JESUIT BASKETBALL CLASSIC
- Today's matchup between Gonzaga and Creighton is part of the Jesuit Basketball Classic weekend, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Jesuit Basketball Spotlight.
- This program was founded in 2008 by the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities to promote the mission of Jesuit education through basketball.
- Gonzaga and Creighton are among the nation's 28 Jesuit colleges and universities that are committed to academic excellence and teaching students to become thoughtful, competent and compassionate men and women for and with others.
OH MY GOSH JOSH
- Josh Perkins is eighth in the country with 29 made three-pointers this season.
- His 4.17 three-pointers made per game ranks ninth in the country.
- Both of those stats lead the West Coast Conference.
- He also tops the WCC in three-point percentage at 56.9 percent, which is 10th in the NCAA.
HERE COMES RUI ...
- Rui Hachimura has totaled 38 points in the last two games, scoring a career-high 20 against Texas at the PK80.
- He is averaging 10.6 points and 5.4 rebounds per game off of the bench.
- The sophomore is currently 10th in the West Coast Conference shooting 54.9 percent from the field.
- Hachimura leads the WCC in free-throw percentage, making 14 of his 15 shots from the line this season. He has made his last 13 free-throws.
05/08/2018 - Kispert Joins Athletes in Action Team
04/11/2018 - Tillie Returning for Junior Season
04/11/2018 - DI-AAA ADA Recognizes Perkins
04/08/2018 - Hachimura Returning for Junior Season
03/30/2018 - Williams Named to Senior CLASS All-American Second Team
03/27/2018 - Williams Named Honorable Mention All-American
03/22/2018 - Gonzaga Falls to Florida State in Sweet 16