MBB Welcomes IUPUI Monday
Dec. 17, 2017
No. 12/13 Gonzaga (9-2) vs. IUPUI (2-7)
MONDAY, DEC. 18 | 6 P.M. | SPOKANE | MCCARTHEY ATHLETIC CENTER
ABOUT THE SERIES
- This is the second all-time meeting between Gonzaga and Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI).
- The Bulldogs won the only other previous meeting between the teams, 86-56, in the O’Reilly Auto Parts Regional Round in the McCarthey Athletic Center on Nov. 14, 2010.
- The Zags are 2-0 against current members from the Horizon League, with both wins under Mark Few.
- Gonzaga won its latest matchup with a current Horizon League opponent, beating Oakland on Nov. 17, 2013, 82-67.
SCOUTING THE JAGUARS
- IUPUI enters Spokane on a five-game skid after a 72-59 setback at Washington State Saturday.
- The Jaguars were led by Ron Patterson’s 19 points. He went 5-of-13 from behind-the-arc and had six rebounds.
- The game featured only 20 fouls and IUPUI went 1-of-2 from the free-throw line.
- IUPUI has been run through a non-conference gauntlet that has included road losses at No. 21/21 Purdue, Ball State and Bradley. The Jaguars have played only four games at home during their 11-game non-conference schedule.
- IUPUI opened its home schedule beating Anderson, 75-43, in its second game of the season.
- In their other win, the Jaguars beat Morehead State at home, 67-61, on Nov. 21.
- Aaron Brennan leads IUPUI with an average of 12.9 points per game, while Patterson adds 11.4 points.
- D.J. McCall is pulling down 4.6 rebounds per outing and has a team-high 15 steals.
- T.J. Henderson is averaging 9.8 points per game and has a team-best 26 assists.
- Brennan is the lone IUPUI player to have started all nine games this season. Coach Jason Gardner has tried five different combinations in the season’s nine contests with eight different players having made at least one start.
- The Jaguars were picked to finish tenth in the league according to the preseason polls and no member of the Jaguars’ roster earned preseason plaudits.
OH MY GOSH JOSH
- After making five steals versus North Dakota, Josh Perkins is one steal away from 100 in his career.
- In the last two games, Perkins has nine steals, 15 assists and just three turnovers.
- Perkins is 21st in the nation with 36 made three-pointers and 29th at 3.27 three-pointers made per game.
- Both of those stats lead the West Coast Conference.
- He also tops the WCC in three-point percentage at 50 percent, which is 16th in the NCAA.
- Gonzaga played its third overtime game of the season in Saturday’s 89-83 win over North Dakota.
- It was the first overtime game in the McCarthey Athletic Center for the Zag men, and the first at home since a 79-78 loss to Saint Joseph’s on Dec. 31, 2002.
- The last time GU has played three overtime games in a season was 2009-10. The last time the Bulldogs played three overtimes game before conference play was 2002-03, winning two of the three contests.
- Gonzaga is 44-38 all-time in overtime games, including 15-12 at home.
03/22/2018 - Gonzaga Falls to Florida State in Sweet 16
03/21/2018 - MBB West Regional Semifinal Media Day
03/21/2018 - Few Named NABC District 9 Coach of the Year
03/19/2018 - MBB Faces Florida State in Sweet 16
03/17/2018 - NCAA West Regional Ticket Information
03/17/2018 - Gonzaga beats Ohio State 90-84 for Sweet 16 return
03/16/2018 - MBB Meets Ohio State in Second Round