Men's Golf Returns to Action in Palm Desert
Feb. 15, 2017
Gonzaga at Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate
FRIDAY-SUNDAY, FEB. 17-19, 2017 | PALM DESERT, CALIF. | CLASSIC CLUB GC
PAR AND DISTANCE: Par-72 | 7,322 yards
FIRST GU TEE TIME: 6 a.m. PT
LIVE SCORING: golfstatresults.com
LAST TIME AT EVENT: 2016 | 9th, 31-over (895)
TOP GU INDIVIDUAL: Sean Walsh | 1st, 209 (-7)
ABOUT THE EVENT
- The ninth annual Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate presented by Cleveland Golf, will be played at the Classic Club, a Troon Golf property, in Palm Desert, Calif.
- The Classic Club was the host site of the PGA’s Bob Hope Chrysler Classic in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
- The event will be played over a three-day period for the fifth time in history starting Friday.
- All three days will consist of 18 holes that will begin at 6 a.m. PT.
- This year’s field includes: Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, Gonzaga, Cal State Northridge, Kansas, UC Riverside, TCU, Denver, UALR, South Dakota State, UNCW, Texas Tech, Old Dominion, Oregon, Fresno State, Texas-Arlington, Southern Utah, Stephen F. Austin, Oral Roberts, California-Fullerton, LMU.
- Last year, Kansas totaled 866 (+2) to take home the crown, just out shooting the Colorado by three strokes.
- Sean Walsh of Gonzaga won the individual championship award with a three-day total of 209 (-7).
ABOUT THE COURSE:
- The Classic Club is a nationally recognized championship course designed by Arnold Palmer and a host site of the 2006, 2007, and 2008 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic, creates a new spin on desert golf with rolling terrain, wide landing areas, 30 acres of water features, 14 bridges as well as an abundance of pine trees, pine straw ground cover with 5 sets of tees on each hole.
LAST YEAR AT THE EVENT:
- Sean Walsh captured medalist honors at the 2016 Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate.
- His three-round total of 209 (-7) was two strokes ahead of the second-place finisher.
- As a team, GU tied for ninth. The Zags finished 31-over (895). Ryan Gaske (t84th, 16-over: 232) and Ben DuBois (114th, 31-over: 247) both played in 2016.
10/23/2017 - Ganz Tied for Second at Pinetree Intercollegiate
10/22/2017 - Gonzaga in Georgia for the Pinetree Intercollegiate
10/03/2017 - Munetake Paces Zags with Top-15 Finish
10/02/2017 - Munetake Tied for 15th Entering Final Round
10/01/2017 - Zags Travel to Fresno for Nick Watney Invitational
09/24/2017 - Zags Finish 10th at Maui Jim Intercollegiate
09/23/2017 - DuBois Cards a 71 in Second Round in Scottsdale
Men's Basketball11/18/2017Men's Basketball11/14/2017Women's Volleyball11/11/2017Men's Basketball11/10/2017