Aug. 25, 2017
Gonzaga (0-0-0) at Bradley (0-0-0)
SUNDAY, AUG. 27 | 11 A.M. | PEORIA, ILL. | SHEA STADIUM
The Last Meeting
August 26, 2016
ABOUT THE SERIES:
- The Zags and Braves met in Spokane last season in the Zags’ season opener. The match was tied 1-1 with senior Jakob Granlund scoring early in the second half for GU off an assist from Colton Cavey.
- It was the first-ever game under the lights at Gonzaga, a crowd of more than 500 took in a well-played contest.
- GU defeated Bradley in Peoria in 2015, 2-0, on ESPN3. Ben White and Christo Michaelson, both seniors on this year’s squad, scored for GU.
SCOUTING THE BRAVES:
- Bradley opened the season with a 0-1 loss at home to Northwestern on August 15 in an exhibition contest.
- They went 2-15-3 and 0-7-1 in The Valley last season.
- Richard Olson was named to the Preseason All-MVC team and they were picked last in the preseason poll.
- With Hurricane Harvey set to hit the Texas coast this evening, the Houston Baptist Invitational was cancelled by the host school this weekend
- The Zags were set to officially open their 2017 season in Houston, with all four matches involving Gonzaga, HBU, UT Rio Grande Valley, and Bradley scheduled for Friday, Aug. 25, and Sunday, Aug. 27, being cancelled because of impending weather.
- The Zags defeated Western Washington 5-1 and Northwest Nazarene 2-1 in their exhibition matches at home. They controlled both matches and used their entire roster to gain experience.
A NEW SEASON:
- Gonzaga is 11-22-4 all-time in season openers.
- They tied Bradley 1-1 at Luger Field last season to kick of their unbeaten stretch through six games.
CRISLER PRESEASON ALL-WCC:
- Gonzaga senior defender Jalen Crisler was selected to the Preseason All-WCC team.
- He was a First Team All-WCC honoree in 2016 and was also WCC All-Academic.
- Crisler was third on the team last season with 24 shots, sixth with seven points and fourth with three goals.
THE LAST RIDE:
- The Zags feature seven seniors on this year’s roster and they are all starters.
- Jalen Crisler and Nick Ulowetz lead the team as captains and fifth year seniors.
MAKING A HOME IN THE VALLEY:
- The Zags are unbeaten all-time against Missouri Valley Conference schools, sitting at 4-0-1.
- They have wins over Loyola-Chicago, Valparaiso, Bradley, and Drake. The wins over Loyola-Chicago, Valparaiso, and Drake all came at neutral sites.