Oct. 10, 2017
Gonzaga (6-4-1, 0-1-0 WCC) vs. Loyola Marymount (2-8-2, 0-1-0 WCC)
FRIDAY, OCT. 13 | 7 P.M. | LOS ANGELES | SULLIVAN FIELD
LIVE STATS | theW.tv
The Last Meeting
October 30, 2016
Zags Head To Overtime Again, But LMU Wins On Early Goal
SPOKANE, Wash. – In a match that felt like one goal would be the difference from the very beginning, it ended in just that fashion, as Loyola Marymount scored one minute and 25 seconds into the first overtime on Sunday to beat Gonzaga at Luger Field.
Gonzaga (6-4-1, 0-1-0 WCC) vs. San Diego (6-3-1, 1-0-0 WCC)
SUNDAY, OCT. 15 | 1 P.M. | SAN DIEGO | TORERO STADIUM
LIVE STATS | theW.tv
SCOUTING THE LIONS:
- The Lions went 2-7-2 in the non-conference and 2-2-1 at home.
- Their common opponents with GU include UC Riverside, CSU Bakersfield, Washington, and Seattle. They beat UCR like GU, tied Bakersfield, who GU beat, and both teams lost to Washington and Seattle.
- The Zags last won in Los Angeles in 2013, 1-0, as Nick Hamer scored the game-winner in overtime over the first-place Lions. LMU has won two-straight matches entering Friday.
- The Toreros were 5-3-1 in the non-conference and 2-1 at home.
- They have no common opponents with the Zags and faced top-10 teams Indiana and Notre Dame on the road.
- The Zags last won in San Diego in 2005, 3-2, scoring three times in a 17:58 span late in the match. The teams played two matches in consecutive days in San Diego due to the match in Spokane being postponed due to rain.
ONE GOAL OR LESS:
- The Zags have allowed one goal or less in their last four matches, all at home, going 2-1-1 over that stretch.
- In 2015, GU started the season on an impressive 15-match streak of allowing one goal or less.
FOUR ON THE ROAD:
- GU will play four of their seven conference matches on the road this season.
- Last season, they played four at home and three on the road.
- They played four WCC matches on the road in 2015 as well, going 2-2, as 2014 was the first year of the current conference schedule format.
- Gonzaga senior Ben White is off to a hot start this season, he is currently 40th in the nation and second in the WCC in assists per game at .45. He has scored or given the assist on eight of GU's 15 goals this season.
- The Zags won their second conference game last season after dropping their opener.
- That was a 1-0 win over Santa Clara on the road as well.
- The Zags dropped both matches on this trip in 2015, but split them in 2013.