Oct. 24, 2017
Gonzaga (6-6-1, 0-3-0 WCC) vs. San Francisco (4-8-0, 1-1-0 WCC)
FRIDAY, OCT. 27 | 7 P.M. | SPOKANE | LUGER FIELD
LIVE STATS | theW.tv
The Last Meeting
October 16, 2016
San Francisco, Calif.
Gonzaga (6-6-1, 0-3-0 WCC) vs. Santa Clara (2-11-0, 2-1-0 WCC)
SUNDAY, OCT. 29 | 1 P.M. | SPOKANE | LUGER FIELD | SENIOR DAY
LIVE STATS | theW.tv
SCOUTING THE DONS:
- The Dons went 3-7 in the non-conference playing four schools from Power 5 Conferences.
- In conference play, they defeated Saint Mary’s at home and lost to Santa Clara on the road.
- Leon Schwarzer and Sean Bowman lead the charge with 13 and 12 points, respectively.
- Santa Clara went 0-11 in the non-conference this season, but has defeated San Francisco and Saint Mary’s in conference play with one loss to start the season.
- They played five teams from Power 5 Conferences in the non-conference.
- Carlos Delgadillo is the team leader with five goals.
- Prior to the match on Sunday against Santa Clara, Gonzaga will honor their seven seniors on this year’s roster. GU's seniors are Connor Ourada, Christo Michaelson, Ben White, Sam Olson, Colton Cavey, Jalen Crisler, and Nick Ulowetz.
- All seven are starters or have started games for the Zags this season.
- This is the largest senior class since 2014, when the Zags also honored seven seniors.
- Combined, this class has started in 287 career matches. Six of the seven members have started in over 75% of the matches they have entered.
- They have played in a combined 373 matches in their career.
- Last season on Senior Day, the Zags had an exciting 1-1 draw against a Pacific team vying for a conference championship.
- GU lost on Senior Day in 2015, but were 2-0-2 from 2011 to 2014.
FOUR ON THE ROAD:
- GU will play four of their seven conference matches on the road this season.
- Last season, they played four at home and three on the road.
- They played four WCC matches on the road in 2015 as well, going 2-2, as 2014 was the first year of the current conference schedule format.
- Gonzaga senior Ben White is having a great season, he is currently 69th in the nation and fifth in the WCC in assists per game at .38. He has scored or given the assist on eight of GU’s 17 goals this season.
- Last season after dropping two road matches, the Zags bounced back with a home win over San Diego.