Nov. 9, 2017
Gonzaga (6-8-2, 0-5-1 WCC) at Pacific (11-4-1, 3-2-1 WCC)
SATURDAY, NOV. 11 | 7 P.M. | STOCKTON, CALIF. | KNOLES FIELD
LIVE STATS | theW.tv
The Last Meeting
November 12, 2016
Zags Play Tigers To Draw On Senior Night
SPOKANE, Wash. -- The Gonzaga Bulldogs celebrated their seven seniors, Jakob Granlund, Nick Ulowetz, Graison Le, Dustin Ferger, Zach Hudson, Alec Johnson, and Thomas O'Brien on Saturday night at Luger Field, and then played a great match in a 1-1 draw against a very good Pacific team that had hopes of clinching a WCC Championship.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS:
- The Tigers fell to San Francisco, 0-3, on Wednesday to eliminate themselves from contention for the WCC Title.
- Wouter Verstraaten and Tariq Branche have both been selected WCC Players of the Week for the Tigers this year.
- The Tigers only conference loss prior came to the Pilots in Portland.
- Anthony Orendain, Camden Riley, and Branche lead the Tigers with five goals each.
- The Tigers are ranked 30th nationally in RPI.
HERE WE ARE AGAIN:
- For the second-straight season the Zags finish their season against the Pacific Tigers.
- Last season, Gonzaga forced a 1-1 tie at home against Pacific in an exciting match.
- Gonzaga outshot the Tigers 12-7 and 6-2 in shots on goal in the match.
- In the short history of the series, Gonzaga has never lost in Stockton, winning 4-3 in 2014 and 3-2 in overtime in 2015.
NO HOME NOVEMBER:
- The Zags will not play a home match in November this season, the first time that has happened since 2006.
- Since 2006, the Zags have played two home matches in November every year except last season.
ONE GOAL TO THE PILOTS:
- The Zags were one of only four teams this year to hold Portland to one goal on their home field.
- The Zags have played five matches into overtime this season. That is the most since 2011 when they played six.
- The Zags played four matches in overtime each of the last five seasons.
- GU is 2-2-1 in those overtime matches this year, matching the win total from 2014 and 2015.
ONE WEEK, ONE GAME:
- For the fourth-straight season GU will wrap the season by playing one game in the final week.
FOUR ON THE ROAD:
- GU will play four of their seven conference matches on the road this season.
- Last season, they played four at home and three on the road.
- They played four WCC matches on the road in 2015 as well, going 2-2, as 2014 was the first year of the current conference schedule format.
- Gonzaga senior Ben White has had a great season, he is currently 121st in the nation and eighth in the WCC in assists per game at .31. He has scored or given the assist on eight of GU’s 18 goals this season.