March 4, 2018
Meadow Club Women’s Collegiate
Mar. 5-6, 2018 | The Meadow Club | Par-72 | 6,157 yards
Fairfax, Calif. | GOLFSTAT
- The Meadow Club Women’s Collegiate is a f16-team field featuring Gonzaga, BYU, and San Francisco from the WCC. Local teams Idaho and Washington State are also in the field. The event is three rounds played over two days.
- Last season My Leander of San Jose State won with a score of five-under par and San Diego State were the team champs at +6.
- The Zags have played in the tournament twice, 2015 and 2016, taking seventh both times shooting +31 in 2015 and +21 in 2016. The 2016 event was shortened to 36 holes because of rain.
- Then freshman Jena Gao parred 24 holes during the tournament in 2016, and ended the tournament with a total of 157 (+13) and in a tie for 57th
- Alice Kim finished tied for 10th with a season-best tally of 214 (+1) in 2015.
- The Zags first spring tournament was The Gold Rush at El Dorado Golf Course in Long Beach, Calif.
- Francesca Santoni was the top finisher for GU, shooting a final round 77 to finish in a tie for 44th at +14. She was +6 on the par fours in the tourney, top-20 in the field in that category.
- Jessica Mangrobang matched Santoni’s 77 and finished in 50th, two strokes back at +16. She had 12 pars in her final round and was +2 on the par three holes, 16th best in the field on the week.
- The Zags have played five tournaments in the state of California over the past two years, with their top finish being the second place mark at the 2016 WCC Championship in Danville.
- Over those five tournaments, GU has averaged an eighth place finish, and a score of 910 at +46.
- The Zags will play in four tournaments over the next month, playing in California, North Carolina, Washington, and Arizona.
- The last time Gonzaga traveled to the East Coast for a tournament was, was the 2009 Northern Illinois Snowbird Intercollegiate in Tampa, Fla. at Pebblecreek Golf Club.
- GU took fourth with a score of 936 in that event.