April 7, 2017
Silverado Showdown Notes
SUNDAY-TUESDAY, APR. 9-11, 2017 | NAPA, CALIF. | SILVERADO RESORT - NORTH COURSE
PAR AND DISTANCE: Par-72 | 6,176 yards
FIRST GU TEE TIME: 8:54 am
LIVE SCORING: GoZags.com
LAST TIME AT EVENT: 2016 | 13th, 48-over (912)
TOP GU INDIVIDUAL: Bianca Pagdanganan | 7th, 218 (+2)
SECOND-STRAIGHT YEAR AT SILVERADO:
- The Zags’ first year in the Silverado Showdown was last season. GU finished tied for 13th at +48. Bianca Pagdanganan collected her fourth Top-10 finish of the year at the time in a tie for seventh at +2 (218).
- GU played at nearby Hiddenbrooke CC in Vallejo, Calif. in the WCC Championships in 2009 and 2010. The Zags finished fourth in 2010 (972) and 2009 (956), with Rachel Sibbitt taking second in 2009 (+12).
- The Bulldogs played back at Hiddenbrooke from 2001 to 2003 in the San Francisco Invitational. Their best finish in that event was 12th place in 2003.
ABOUT THE SILVERADO SHOWDOWN:
- The tournament will feature 18 holes each day for three days with an 8:54 am start on Sunday, tee times Monday to be announced, and an 8 am shotgun start Tuesday.
- The course is par-72 and 6,176 yards, and the tournament field features 18 teams including Pepperdine and San Francisco from the WCC and No. 4 Stanford, No. 5 UCLA, and No. 25 Cal from Golfweek’s Top-25.
- Silverado Resort has hosted three PGA events in the past, including the Kaiser International Open Invitational, Anheuser-Busch Golf Classic, and The Transamerica.
- Stanford won in 2016 by 13 strokes (+1) and Cathleen Santoso of Oregon won by one stroke (-5).
PAGDANGANAN LEADS RECORD SMASHING:
- Sophomore Bianca Pagdanganan shot a tournament, course, school, and West Coast Conference record 61 in her second round at the Pizza Hut Thunderbird Invitational.
- It tied the NCAA women’s golf single-round record, held by Esther Lee of Colorado and Mariah Stackhouse of Stanford.
- She won the tournament, her second career win, with a program-record score of 130 (-14). It is the first individual win for the Zags this season and the team finished second, their best finish this year.
- For the Zags, it was the second-best 18-hole score (285) (-3) and 36-hole score (577) (+1) in team history.
- She has recorded six of Gonzaga’s 15 rounds below par this year and been the Zags’ top finisher four times.
MIN LEADING ONCE AGAIN:
- Ciera Min has finished among the top five three times this year, including second-place finishes at the Ptarmigan Ram Classic and Pat Lesser Harbottle Invitational.
- Against other WCC players in stroke play, Min’s been dominant this year, going 54-11-0 head-to-head...also, she’s shot below par in seven of her 22 stroke play rounds, scoring in the 60s twice, and been the Zags’ top finisher four times.
FRESHMAN SPRING FORCE:
- Gonzaga freshman Nina Novilla fired a career-low 71 in the second round of The Gold Rush.
- She had her best career finish at the Pizza Hut Thunderbird Invitational in 11th place.
- Freshman Jessica Mangrobang hit par for the 2nd time in her career at the Entrada Classic with a 2nd-round 72.
- Her 25th place finish at the Pizza Hut Thunderbird Invitational was her second-best finish, back by one spot.
- Freshman Diana Araneta recorded a career-low 74 in the final round of the Anuenue Spring Break Classic for a 233 total.
- Her final score of 233 was a career best and her 13th place finish at the Pizza Hut Invite was a career low.