Zags Meet Fairleigh Dickinson for the First Time
Sept. 13, 2017
Gonzaga (5-1-1) vs. Fairleigh Dickinson (2-5-1)
ABOUT THE SERIES:
- This is the first all-time meeting between Gonzaga and Fairleigh Dickinson.
- It is also the first-ever meeting with an opponent from a current member of the Northeast Conference.
- The Zags have never played a team from the state of New Jersey.
SCOUTING THE KNIGHTS:
- Fairleigh Dickinson, from Teaneck, N.J., snapped a three-game losing streak with a 2-2 draw at Buffalo last Sunday.
- The Knights rallied from a two-goal deficit with a pair of second half goals, including the equalizer from Elma Kolenovic in the 87th minute. It was her fourth goal of the season.
- Kolenovic leads the team with four goals and eight points this season.
- Viktorija Miseljic has three goals and an assist, while Jessi Reinhardt has a team-best two assists with a goal.
- Amanda Fitzgerald and Cassandra Marcoux have both seen time in the FDU net. Fitzgerald has 33 saves in six games.
- With the exception of two games, Fairleigh Dickinson has outshot each of its opponents, including the last five contests.
- Sofia Albertsson was named the Northeast Conference women’s soccer Rookie of the Week Monday. The first-year Knight scored in both games over the weekend for Fairleigh Dickinson. The two goals were the first two of her career.
INDIA IS HEATING UP:
- India Jencks has scored four goals in the last three games.
- Her five goals this season leads the West Coast Conference, along with her 0.83 goals per game.
- She also leads the league in total points (10) and points per game (1.67).
- Jencks ranks 19th in the country with five goals scored this season and 23rd with 0.83 goals per game.
- She is only two goals from entering the top-10 in program history for most goals in a single season.
- The duo is also tied for first in the league with three assists this season. Madeline Gotta is right behind in fourth with two.
- Viviano and Ulkekul only need two more assists to enter the top-10 in program history for most assists in a single season.
- The Bulldogs lead the WCC with 13 assists and an average of 1.86 assists per game.
- Gonzaga has 13 assists on its conference-leading 16 goals, which also ranks 35th in the country.
- The single season team records for most assists are 29 in 2010 and most goals are 34 in 1997 and 1999.
A START FOR THE BOOKS:
- Gonzaga’s 4-0 win over Hawaii gave the Zags the best start to a season in program history at 4-0-1.
- The Bulldogs were unbeaten after five games for the first time in program history.
- Gonzaga’s previous best start to a season was 3-0-1 in 2006. They finished that season with 10 victories.
- This season marked the first time in program history that GU has opened the schedule with two shutout victories.
09/16/2017 - Women's Soccer Welcomes Nationally-Ranked Memphis
09/15/2017 - Jencks Records Brace in Gonzaga Victory
09/13/2017 - Zags Meet Fairleigh Dickinson for the First Time
09/10/2017 - Gonzaga Grabs Comeback Victory in Denver
09/09/2017 - Women's Soccer Looks to Bounce Back at Denver
09/08/2017 - Bulldogs Drop First Game of the Season
09/06/2017 - Women's Soccer Makes Short Trip to Cheney Friday
Women's Soccer09/24/2017Men's Soccer09/24/2017Women's Volleyball09/23/2017Men's Soccer09/22/2017