Zags Open Conference Play at Pacific Friday
Sept. 27, 2017
Gonzaga (8-1-1) at Pacific (3-6-2)
ABOUT THE SERIES:
- This is the 11th all-time meeting between Gonzaga and Pacific. The Tigers lead the series, 7-2-1.
- The Tigers have won three of the four all-time meetings in Stockton, playing to a draw in the fourth.
- In last season’s meeting, the Zags scored three goals in an 11-minute span to complete a thrilling 4-3 overtime comeback.
- Pacific won six of the first seven meetings in the series, with a draw coming in the second matchup in 1993.
- The Tigers won the first all-time meeting, 3-0, in Spokane on Oct. 2, 1993.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS:
- Pacific is coming off of 2-0 shutout win over CSU Bakersfield last Friday.
- Katelyn Chandler and Taylor Ayers found the back of the net for the Tigers. Ashley Arnett, Bryndís Rún Thórólfsdóttir, and Chandler were all credited with assists in the win. Henriikka Makela made four saves for Pacific.
- The Tigers outshot Bakersfield, 20-11. Pacific has outshot its opponents this season, 158-153.
- Pacific has been outscored so far this season, 18-11.
- Makela and Regan Heslop have shared time in the net for Pacific. Heslop has 27 saves in six appearances with a .818 save percentage. Makela has 24 saves in eight games with a .667 save percentage.
- Sigrid Aas, Jessica Fogel and Thórólfsdóttir each have scored two goals this season. Aas also has two assists. She has taken a team-high 25 shots, placing 12 on goal.
- Pacific is 1-3-2 away from Stockton this season, but has won two of its five matches at home.
A LOOK AT THE NUMBERS:
- Gonzaga has the 12th best scoring offense in the nation, averaging 2.60 goals per game.
- The Zags top the WCC in scoring offense (2.60), total goals (26, 13th in NCAA), points per game (7.40, 18th in NCAA), total points (74, 18th in NCAA), assists per game (2.20, 25th in NCAA), total assists (22) and shots per game (7.80).
- India Jencks is third in the country averaging a goal per game. She is fifth in the NCAA with nine goals and ninth averaging 2.11 points per game. Her 19 total points ranks 13th in the nation.
- GU is seven assists shy of tying the most assists in a single season with 29. The Bulldogs are eight goals away from equaling the most goals in a single season with 34.
- Jencks needs four goals to tie the program record for most goals in a single season at 13.
- Great Eight: The Zags’ eight wins, 10 games into the season, has equaled the last two season’s win totals combined.
- Home Sweet Home: GU is 6-0-1 at home this season, outscoring opponents 21-5, and outshooting foes 129-57.
- Sunday Funday: Gonzaga is a perfect 6-0-0 on Sunday so far this season, outscoring opponents 15-5.
- Off to a Good Start: The Bulldogs are 7-0-1 when scoring first this season, and 5-0-1 when leading at the half.
- Streaky: GU has won five straight games only twice in program history (2003- 5 straight and 2005- 7 straight).
- Big win: The win against Memphis marked the first time that Gonzaga has beaten a ranked team in 10 years. It was only the sixth victory over a ranked team in program history in 75 tries.
10/27/2017 - Women's Soccer Honors Four on Senior Night
10/27/2017 - BYU Pulls Away from Gonzaga
10/25/2017 - Zags Host BYU on ESPNU Thursday
10/21/2017 - Women's Soccer Suffers Setback at Portland
10/19/2017 - Women's Soccer Visits Rose City Saturday
10/15/2017 - Gonzaga Falls at No. 17 Pepperdine
10/13/2017 - Zags Play at No. 17 Pepperdine Sunday
Women's Basketball12/17/2017Men's Basketball12/16/2017Athletics12/13/2017Women's Basketball12/09/2017