Women's Soccer Squares off with Santa Clara Sunday
Oct. 7, 2017
Gonzaga (10-2-1, 2-1-0) vs. Santa Clara (7-6-1, 2-1-0)
ABOUT THE SERIES:
- This is the 25th all-time meeting between Gonzaga and Santa Clara. The Broncos lead the series, 21-1-2.
- The Broncos have a 11-1-1 advantage in the all-time meetings in Spokane.
- Santa Clara has won the last eight meetings, including a 2-0 win in Santa Clara last year.
- Gonzaga’s lone win in the series came in Spokane on Oct. 25, 2007, 2-1.
- The Broncos won the first all-time meeting, 8-0, in Spokane on Sept. 18, 1993.
SCOUTING THE BRONCOS:
- On Friday night, the Broncos topped Portland 4-1 to extend their winning streak over the Pilots to four matches.
- The Broncos dominated the Pilots in the attacking third, firing off 18 shots and putting 13 on goal. Kelsey Turnbow led the way a pair of goals to take the team-lead with six on the year.
- Santa Clara has won four of its last five matches while scoring 11goals during the stretch. The Broncos have scored 26 goals on the season and put 93 of 187 shots on goal.
- Turnbow leads the team with six goals and 16 points while tying for the team-lead with four assists. Maddy Gonzalez and Julie Doyle have each scored five goals while Maria Sanchez has scored three times and added four assists.
- Melissa Lowder has allowed 17 goals in nine games for a 1.89 GAA. She has made 40 saves with a .702 save percentage and has one shutout
- The Bulldogs are one goal away from breaking the most goals in a single season with 35.
- GU is one assist shy of tying the most assists in a single season with 29.
- Jencks needs four goals to tie the program record for most goals in a single season at 13.
- Winning: The Zags’ 10 wins, 13 games into the season, has surpassed the last two seasons win totals combined.
- Double Bubble: GU has now reached double-digit wins in a single-season six times in program history.
- Off to a Good Start: The Bulldogs are 9-0-1 when scoring first this season, and 6-0-1 when leading at the half.
HOME SWEET HOME:
- Gonzaga has yet to lose a home game this season, with seven victories and one draw with SMU.
- The Bulldogs have outscored opponents, 27-7, at home this season.
10/27/2017 - Women's Soccer Honors Four on Senior Night
10/27/2017 - BYU Pulls Away from Gonzaga
10/25/2017 - Zags Host BYU on ESPNU Thursday
10/21/2017 - Women's Soccer Suffers Setback at Portland
10/19/2017 - Women's Soccer Visits Rose City Saturday
10/15/2017 - Gonzaga Falls at No. 17 Pepperdine
10/13/2017 - Zags Play at No. 17 Pepperdine Sunday
Women's Basketball12/17/2017Men's Basketball12/16/2017Athletics12/13/2017Women's Basketball12/09/2017