Zags Wrap Up Regular Season in Los Angeles
Nov. 2, 2017
Gonzaga (10-7-1, 2-6-0) at Loyola Marymount (8-6-4, 3-4-1)
ABOUT THE SERIES:
- This is the 26th all-time meeting between Gonzaga and Loyola Marymount. The Lions lead the series, 17-5-3.
- The Lions have a 9-2-2 advantage in the meetings in Los Angeles.
- LMU has won the last three meetings, 2-1 in Spokane in 2014, 5-0 in Los Angeles in 2015, and 3-1 last season in Spokane.
- Gonzaga’s last win in the series was a 3-1 victory on Oct. 13, 2013, at Loyola Marymount.
- Loyola Marymount won the first all-time meeting, 5-2, in Los Angeles on Nov. 2, 1993.
SCOUTING THE LIONS:
- Loyola Marymount shutout Pacific, 1-0, Sunday. It was LMU’s second straight shutout after routing Saint Mary’s, 7-0, last Friday. After dropping three consecutive games, the Lions are unbeaten in their last three matches.
- Maddie Medved scored her fourth goal of the season in the 63rd minute to give LMU the 1-0 win over Pacific. The Lions’ Charlee Pruitt made six saves in the victory in L.A.
- Seven differenct Loyola Marymount players scored goals in the win over Saint Mary’s.
- Medved, Sarina Bolden and Sarah Sanger lead LMU with four goals this season. All three have three assists as well.
- Pruitt has made 81 saves this season with a .818 save percentage and a 1.07 goals against average.
- Loyola Marymount is 6-3-2 at home this season.
- Saturday’s game against Gonzaga is the regular season finale for the Lions as well.
- Callie Best’s penalty kick goal in the 70th minute against Santa Clara was the Bulldogs’ 35th of the season, snapping the previous records set in 1997 and 1999.
- Gonzaga’s 106 points this year also broke the program record for most points in a single season.
- GU’s 30 assists are also a record for most assists in a single season.
- The Zags’ 298 shots are a new single season record.
- India Jencks ranks fifth in program history for most goals in a single season with nine. Sophia Viviano is seventh with eight.
- Viviano is third in program history with 21 points this season, while Jencks is sixth with 20 points.
- Viviano and Madeline Gotta have five assists this season, two away from tying the program record.
A LOOK AT THE NUMBERS:
- Gonzaga has the 29th best scoring offense in the nation averaging 2.11 goals per game.
- The Zags rank 33rd in the country with 38 goals this season.
- Sophia Viviano is 35th in the country with four game-winning goals.
- Right Place, Right Time: Gonzaga is 7-3-1 at home this season and 5-3-1 in night games.
- Off to a Good Start: The Bulldogs are 9-1-1 when scoring first this season, and 6-0-1 when leading at the half.
02/07/2018 - Carson Joins Gonzaga WSOC
02/07/2018 - Hale Joins Gonzaga WSOC
02/07/2018 - Maas Joins Gonzaga WSOC
02/07/2018 - Braun Joins Gonzaga WSOC
11/22/2017 - Helm Named Academic All-West Coast Conference
11/07/2017 - Zag Trio Earns Postseason All-WCC Recognitions
11/04/2017 - Zags End Season with 2-1 Setback at LMU